Gallagher & Associates (G&A) is an internationally recognized interdisciplinary design studio with offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Portland, and Singapore. For over 20 years, we bring transformative experiences to life. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled Senior Exhibit Designer to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. We are seeking exceptional talent that is eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, theme based attractions, and interactive installations.
The Senior Exhibit Designer will work closely with clients, G&A Creative Director and department leads to design, coordinate and integrate exhibits, graphics and media concepts into engaging experiences. The Senior Exhibit Designer will play a key role in creating and directing visuals to communicate the design intent of the spaces and visitor experience for the client team. Senior Exhibit Designer will also create bid and fabrication documents and coordinate with architects and other subconsultants.
- Report to Creative Director
- Work closely with client, department leads and dedicated project team
- Develop designs at all project phases, including but not limited-to: interactive or environmental experiences 3-D exhibit elements, interior finishes, artifact displays and casework
- Develop drawing packages, including construction drawings for bid
- Maintain progressive workflow in accordance with project schedule, with a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Collaborate with other designers and help guide the design process to achieve project goals
- Work in a team environment including Gallagher & Associates staff, sub-contractors, and client contacts
- Participate in conceptual development and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches, computer renderings and animations.
- Travel to meetings and site visits as required by projects, in accordance with safety procedures and protocols.
- Selected applicant will be required to work within G&A software standards (training will be provided if candidate meets qualifications)
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written, and illustrative
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in exhibit design or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, and Construction Documentation. (Construction administration experience is a plus.)
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of physical design
- Demonstrated examples of integrated media experiences a plus
- Highly skilled in one or more of the following CAD programs: Vectorworks, Rhino, AutoCad, Revit
- Familiarity with 3D rendering software and methods
- High level of fluency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), G-Suite (Docs, Slides)
- B.A. or M.A. in Exhibit Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design, or equivalent work experience.
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it—Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
We will synthesize the digital and physical worlds in innovative ways like no one else.
We integrate our diverse capabilities in order to deliver unrivaled experiences.
OUR VALUES & WAYS OF WORKING @ the Jr/Mid/Sr Level:
We are committed to creating our best work:
- Build working relationships with team members and cross-functional colleagues to come up with your best work
- Seek different perspectives, inputs and feedback when working through hurdles
- Get out there and see what’s new in the world of design; request a conference or team field trip for inspiration
We create a culture of curiosity and learning:
- Be passionately curious; show eagerness to learn
- Challenge assumptions and suggest different approaches
- Stay current in our area of expertise; G&A, and our industry
- Applaud others for their accomplishments
- Share helpful information and best practices with team members
Always be proactive:
- Do not over-commit yourself; speak up
- Utilize resources (i.e. people, templates, workshop request, supplies) to meet your goals and needs
- Be detail-oriented in all that you do (spell check!) to put your best foot forward
We are true ambassadors:
- Follow G&A on social media (“like” our photos; make suggestions for improvements)
- Give marketing something cool to post about your or your work contributions
- Be credible and always put your best foot forward
We are locally and globally conscious:
- Say no to plastic and use less paper around the office
- Bring a new perspective to our clients—think sustainability where it counts
Inclusion brings us together:
- Take ownership of how your work supports the shared objectives of the team
- Understand the work of your team and how it contributes to the project/team priorities
- Look for opportunities to help your neighbor when in need: printing, guidance, support, get out and go for a walk or take a lunch break together to break up the monotony
Trust and respect is a must:
- Be intentional and respectful in all conversations
- Listen with an open mind to different viewpoints
- Be responsive, on time, and on task for your team; work together and be honest with each other when challenges arise
We have open lines of communication:
- Stay up-to-date on company news (e.g. newsletter, Instagram—follow @GandA_Design)
- Ensure your manager and team members are kept informed of progress or hurdles—they can help!
- Listen and ask questions to gather information and understand other viewpoints
- Explore new ways to be more efficient
Adaptability is key:
- Always think beyond the problem and toward the solution
- Be flexible and responsive to changes in priorities
- Embrace new ways of doing things
Work-Life blend for success:
- Take time to unwind
- Take lunch
- Participate in a wellness activity or challenge
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]