Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people, momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, Portland, OR, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
G&A is a growing, dynamic firm that offers exciting opportunities for career advancement while working with a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals.
We are looking for a mid-level UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet our client’s needs. You will combine compelling interfaces and workflows to enhance the user experience.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary design studio (including 3D/Environmental designers, UX designers, visual designers, content designers, film directors & motion designers, and software developers)
- Deliver compelling UX design on projects. Work as part of a team under the supervision of a senior designer/director to deliver user experience design for a variety of interactive experiences including screen-based onsite experiences, gesture/voice based experiences, interactive sculptural installations, AR/VR storytelling, and web and mobile app design.
- Bring User Experience to the next level. A strong UX portfolio with practical and strategic solutions.
- Find the best tools to prototype at different stages of the creative process
- Propose innovative ideas for our clients based on cutting edge technology
- Find new and creative ways to give the end-user a compelling experience.
- Human Design-Center approach. Brainstorm and design concepts for interactive and immersive experiences.
- Create visitor journey maps and service design elements
- Create flowcharts and schematic designs of interactive experiences
- Create detailed wireframes for interactive experiences
- Be the bridge between physical and digital. Translate concepts into tangible visuals, spatial, and technical requirements.
- Be a storyteller
- Be an evangelist of UX inside and outside the company.
- Help everyone understand the importance of user experience design
- Collaborate efforts to evolve UX vision and outputs. Work with the UX Director to understand market needs & vision.
- Help to build a strong team
- Mentor UX interns
- Model G&A’s values. You will be an ambassador for G&A’s values both in and outside the company.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join G&A and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and relationship building. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our future together, to fit our style and your success!
We will synthesize the digital and physical worlds in innovative ways like no one else.
We integrate our diverse capabilities in order to deliver unrivaled experiences.
OUR VALUES & WAYS OF WORKING @ the Jr/Mid/Sr Level:
We are committed to creating our best work:
- Build working relationships with team members and cross-functional colleagues to come up with your best work
- Seek different perspectives, inputs and feedback when working through hurdles
- Get out there and see what’s new in the world of design; request a conference or team field trip for inspiration
We create a culture of curiosity and learning:
- Be passionately curious; show eagerness to learn
- Challenge assumptions and suggest different approaches
- Stay current in our area of expertise; G&A. and our industry
- Applaud others for their accomplishments
- Share helpful information and best practices with team members
Always be proactive:
- Do not over-commit yourself; speak up
- Utilize resources (i.e. people, templates, workshop request, supplies) to meet your goals and needs
- Be detail oriented in all that you do (spell check!) to put your best foot forward
We are true ambassadors:
- Follow G&A on social media (“like” our photos; make suggestions for improvements)
- Give marketing something cool to post about your or your work contributions
- Be credible and always put your best foot forward
We are locally and globally conscious:
- Say no to plastic and use less paper around the office
- Bring a new perspective to our clients – think sustainability where it counts
Inclusion brings us together:
- Take ownership of how your work supports the shared objectives of the team
- Understand the work of your team and how it contributes to the project/team priorities
- Look for opportunities to help your neighbor when in need: printing, guidance, support, get out and go for a walk or take a lunch break together to break up the monotony
Trust and respect is a must:
- Be intentional, and respectful in all conversations
- Listen with an open-mind to different viewpoints
- Be responsive, on time, and on task for your team; work together to be honest with each other when challenges arise
We have open lines of communication:
- Stay up-to-date on company news (e.g. newsletter, Instagram – follow GandA)
- Ensure that manager and team members are kept informed of progress or hurdles – they can help!
- Listen and ask questions to gather information and understand other viewpoints
- Explore new ways to be more efficient
Adaptability is key:
- Always think beyond the problem and toward the solution
- Be flexible and responsive to changes in priorities
- Embrace new ways of doing things
Work-Life blend for success:
- Take time to unwind
- Take lunch
- Participate in a wellness activity or challenge
Please send your resume & portfolio to [email protected]