Gallagher & Associates, a leading international exhibition and media design firm based in Silver Spring MD (Washington DC) with offices in Portland, New York, and Singapore, is looking for a highly motivated, IT Manager to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. We are seeking exceptional talent that is eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, theme-based attractions, and interactive installations.
The IT Manager will work closely with all studio staff for overseeing and troubleshooting all technical requirements for the three US offices. This includes desktop support for local users, remote support for the New York and Portland offices and finding them local support if remote assistance is not possible. In a sense, if it plugs in, this position will be responsible for purchasing, managing and getting it repaired.
- Reports to Operations Manager and Owner/Principal
- End-User support and computer maintenance
- Full documentation of company-wide infrastructure, processes, BCP, DRP, Vision and Strategic Plans.
- Budgeting / Forecasting
- Vendor service management (SOW, RFI/RFQ/RFP, quote reviews, POs, vendor selection, and maintenance)
- Prepare an annual IT budget and technology plan as requested.
- Price/order equipment, other IT services and approve vendor invoices for payment.
- Manage local servers including file, application, license and render servers
- Backup, DR, BC
- Hardware and Software inventory management
- Manage the company telephone system. In addition to the basic account tasks, create hunt groups and work with outside voice and VoIP service providers.
- Manage audio/video equipment for conference rooms and facilitate video conferencing.
- Manage company IT security through various tools and solutions and continually train staff on safety protocol and measures.
- Manage building door access system for the D.C. office.
- G-Suite and SaaS administration.
- Plan and execute major IT projects that include the continuous improvement of Backup and DR, Conference Room Equipment, Telephone System, Failover data lines, servers, and services.
- Company-wide network management.
- Potential travel to other US offices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced service firm environment as well as respond quickly and efficiently to all IT needs including after hours and weekend emergencies.
- Excellent documentation and organization skills.
- Good communication skills and patience in dealing with designers and non-IT professionals.
- High proficiency with G-Suite, AWS, Azure and Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of PC and Mac OS and software applications and ability to learn others as needed (Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Advance virtualization knowledge (VMware)
- Good understanding of NAS /SAN storage technologies
- A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL certifications preferred
- Advanced network management (WAN, LAN, VLANs, DNS, VPN, and Firewall.)
- Understanding of the ITILv3 Lifecycle
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in IT Management.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Company-paid medical and dental insurance
- 401K plan with fully vested matching
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Training and education as needed.
Please send resume to [email protected]
Gallagher & Associates
We are a professional design services firm serving clients throughout the United States and abroad. We create outstanding visitor experiences, interactive media and graphic designs for public and private museums, visitor centers, learning facilities, science centers, traveling exhibitions, and fortune 500 organizations.