Gallagher Museum Services (G&A Strategy) is the strategy and business planning division of Gallagher & Associates (G&A), which is internationally recognized as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people, momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, Portland OR, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
Working in collaboration with clients, world class designers at G&A, and other professional teams, the Gallagher Museum Services (G&A Strategy) team provides critical development and business strategy, operational planning, and financial services to its clients. During each phase of a cultural institution’s life, the G&A Strategy team operates as a trusted advisor to it’s clients, ensuring that each strategic and tactical decision is grounded with experienced counsel, leading to a project that is achievable in the short term and financially sustainable in the long-term. From right-sizing a project through responsible interpretive master plans and feasibility studies, to ensuring it’s built on time and within budget through effective owner’s representation services, to setting up and operating an institution for long-term success through financial and operational management advisory services, the G&A Strategy team is comprised of a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals, working side by side with the institution’s leadership to ensure a project’s strategy, structure, and execution support an institution’s mission and strategic objectives.
G&A Strategy is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Accounting Analyst to join our team. The new Accounting Analyst will be responsible for managing the accounting related functions on our client projects.
The Financial Manager will lead a team in the development and execution of feasibility studies, fundraising strategies, capital sourcing, and ongoing operations analysis and support. They will lead in performing project-based data research, financial modeling, and presentation reporting. They will provide direct support to the executive leadership team in service to the firm’s clients as trusted advisors, throughout a project’s lifecycle– from concept to opening and on through to daily operations. They will coordinate their individual actions with both internal and external project teams to deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients. The ideal candidate will possess keen analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, demonstrated team management experience, a strong collaborative mindset, and proven client relationship and presentation capabilities.
As a member of our diverse group your responsibilities will include advising Cultural Institutions on the following:
- Formulating strategies and execution tactics to guide resource investments
- Matching development budget to market demand and organizational resources
- Market positioning for long-term success
- Organizational Design (work specialization, departmentalization, span of control)
- Financial reporting systems and processes (Budgeting, Performance Review)
- Scenario planning
- Private/public and third-party partnership/operating agreements
- Analyzing prospective markets (physical and virtual) to optimize positioning
- Total Potential Audience and segments (resident/tourist, individual/group)
- Comparable cultural institutions (attendance, performance, perceived quality)
- Site Analysis (e.g., visibility, accessibility, traffic)
- General area economic and development trends
- Prospective operating pro-formas with breakeven and sensitivity analyses
- Supporting ongoing design and development phases to meet schedule and budget
- Analyzing capital budget
- Defining optimal capital source mix
- Coordinating diversified development team schedules, scopes, and budgets
- Capacity and throughput validation (bottleneck mitigation strategies)
- Analyzing operations to maximize profits/surpluses
- Business activity Reporting, budget vs. actual
- Earned Revenues (e.g., Admissions, Retail, Events, Food & Beverage)
- Contributed Revenues (Donations, Grants, Operating Endowments/Reserves)
- Operating Expenses (e.g., Staffing, Utilities, Contracted Services, Security)
- Performance Measurement (e.g., ROI, Payback, Return on experience, etc.)
- Space Utilization (highest and best use)
- Support ongoing development activities for new business
- Proposal Development
- Proposal Presentations and Interviews
- Lead Generation and Followup
Knowledge of cultural institutions (e.g., museums, visitor centers, urban entertainment districts, etc.) and experience in the development and/or operations of such institutions preferred
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related major and 7-10 years of experience in financial or business/strategic analysis, preferably within management consulting industry
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, understand business processes, and systems optimization
- Deep experience with key analytical and presentation software platforms, including Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and Microsoft Powerpoint/Google Slides or equivalent. Experience with task management software (e.g., Asana) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting (i.e., annual reports, 990s, and management/audited financial statements)
- Demonstrated staff development (i.e., goal setting, training, performance review) and management (i.e., task prioritization, ongoing supervision)
- Deep proficiency in business communication (both written and oral) to both internal and external audiences.
- Comfort in public-speaking and interacting with all levels of management in multiple functional areas (e.g., C-suite, Marketing, IT/AV, Retail, Food & Beverage, Guest Services, Development, Private Events, Educational Programming, etc.)
- Pleasant teamworking demeanor and attitude towards collaboration
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Unlimited Sick, Personal Holiday, Volunteer Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical Plan & Dental Plan, Retirement Plan, Summer Fridays, Sabbaticals and more…
It is an exciting time to join G&A and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and relationship building. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our future together, to fit our style and your success!
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]