Gallagher Museum Services (G&A Strategy) is the strategy and business planning division of Gallagher & Associates (G&A), which is internationally recognized as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people, momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, Portland OR, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
Working in collaboration with clients, world class designers at G&A, and other professional teams, the Gallagher Museum Services (G&A Strategy) team provides critical development and business strategy, operational planning, and financial services to its clients. During each phase of a cultural institution’s life, the G&A Strategy team operates as a trusted advisor to it’s clients, ensuring that each strategic and tactical decision is grounded with experienced counsel, leading to a project that is achievable in the short term and financially sustainable in the long-term. From right-sizing a project through responsible interpretive master plans and feasibility studies, to ensuring it’s built on time and within budget through effective owner’s representation services, to setting up and operating an institution for long-term success through financial and operational management advisory services, the G&A Strategy team is comprised of a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals, working side by side with the institution’s leadership to ensure a project’s strategy, structure, and execution support an institution’s mission and strategic objectives.
G&A Strategy is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Accounting Analyst to join our team. The new Accounting Analyst will be responsible for managing the accounting related functions on our client projects.
The Accounting Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President of G&A Strategy and is responsible for accounting and financial reporting functions for the various clients of the G&A Strategy team.
- Develops capital budget and cash flow analysis for client(s)
- Assists in preparing the annual operating budgets for clients
- Prepares and provides current detailed and summary revenue and expense reports for all museum departments
- Collaborates with G&A’s senior leadership and key consultants to assist clients with internal controls and financial processes
- Participates in the development and refinement of clients strategic plans and programs
- Assists clients with budget building process
- Assists clients with review of financial performance on a monthly basis, including review of each functional area’s revenue and expense results, updated forecasting, variance review, etc., providing summary review to G&A leadership team and client(s)
- Produces timely and accurate financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements, and variance reports for clients
- Assists in the client development of financial and quantitative performance metrics, such as cash flow projections, daily attendance, average ticket prices, utilization of ticket add-ons, performance of on-site revenue generating initiatives, etc.
- Monitors client’s cost allocations against revenue centers, and tracks specific projects
- Engages in discussions with clients, including investors and the organization’s finance committee as needed to support G&A leadership team
- Demonstrates leadership in fostering an organizational culture that values innovation, promotes inclusion, and inspires excellence in the work environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Associates Degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounting; proficient in PC or Mac software applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or five (5) years’ accounting experience preferred. Nonprofit accounting or museum accounting experience preferred. Experience with excel and automated accounting systems strongly preferred.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Unlimited Sick, Personal Holiday, Volunteer Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical Plan & Dental Plan, Retirement Plan, Summer Fridays, Sabbaticals and more…
It is an exciting time to join G&A and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and relationship building. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our future together, to fit our style and your success!
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]