Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people — momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, Portland, Oregon, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
G&A is a growing, dynamic firm that offers exciting opportunities for career advancement while working with a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals.
The Exhibit Designer will work closely with the Senior Exhibit Designer and Creative Director to design physical elements of overall visitor experience, including visualizing an integrated design which includes coordination of graphics and media concepts within the overall spatial design. In addition, the Exhibit Designer will play a key role in creating visuals to communicate the design intent of the spaces and visitor experience for the client team. As a member of the team, you will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Developing designs, including interactive experiences, 3-D exhibit elements, interiors, and artifact displays from conceptual stage through final drawings
- Participating in conceptual development and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches, computer renderings and/or animations
- Developing drawing documentation packages, including construction drawings
- Maintaining workflow in accordance with project schedule, with a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Collaborating with other designers, media and content developers, and help guide the design process to achieve project goals
- Working in a team environment including Gallagher & Associates staff, sub-contractors, and client contacts
- Possible travel to meetings and site visits as required by projects, and in accordance with COVID safety and health protocols
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and illustrative)
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in exhibit design or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, and construction documentation. (Construction administration experience is a plus)
- Good general knowledge of fabrication techniques and material standards used in exhibit design
- 2-D and 3-D proficiency in one or more relevant CAD modelling programs including: Autocad, Vectorworks, Sketchup, Rhinoceros
- 3-D rendering and visualization skills using one or more of the following: 3dsMax, Cinema 4D, Enscape, Twinmotion, Octane
- High level of fluency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Word, Excel,
- B.A. or M.A. in Exhibit Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design (or equivalent field experience)
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, PPO Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join G&A and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and relationship building. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our future together, to fit our style and your success!