Gallagher & Associates (G&A) is an internationally recognized interdisciplinary design studio with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Portland and Singapore. For over 20 years, we bring transformative experiences to life.
As a Creative Director, you will be a key leader of an interdisciplinary studio that embodies the broadest possible definition of design. Your diverse experience and insight will guide interdisciplinary teams and clients to elevated solutions. And as part of the studio leadership, you will continue to foster a vibrant and nurturing environment for the whole team. You will report to the Executive Creative Director.
- Be part of the studio leadership of an interdisciplinary design studio (including 3D/Environmental designers, UX designers, Visual designers, Content designers, Film directors & Motion designers, and Software developers)
- Model and evangelize best practices for Creative Direction. You will insist that every project has a strong conceptual, strategic, and emotional foundation, a “big idea.” You will insist that your teams and their clients understand and articulate the creative directions they’re pursuing.
- Model effective communication & presentation. You will make client presentations that win business and sell ideas. You will make client presentations that win business and sell ideas. You will persuade our clients’ hearts as well as their heads and know how to tell a great story. You will coach your teams to find their own persuasive presentation styles and empower them to be world-class communicators of creative ideas.
- Continuously design our design process. You will work with your peers and ECD to create innovations and improvements in our design process, teach our evolving process to the studio, and implement the process on client engagements.
- Coach and mentor a team of senior-level reports. You will model modern best-practices people management to make sure your reports are on track with their goals, career development, and professional growth.
- Create a culture of ownership and autonomy. You will manage by developing high-functioning autonomous teams that you can trust. You will set goals and allow your teams the space to achieve them. You will be a servant leader to your teams and coach them to be the same to one another.
- Create a culture of respect and candor. You will model and evangelize best practices for reviewing creative work and providing feedback.
- Create a culture of ambition and creative courage. You will work with your ECD to create an environment where designers and clients find the courage to do groundbreaking work.
- Create demand for top talent. You will collaborate with your ECD to attract, recruit, and retain top talent.
- Model G&A’s values. You will be an ambassador for G&A’s values both in and outside the company.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
We will synthesize the digital and physical worlds in innovative ways like no one else.
We integrate our diverse capabilities in order to deliver unrivaled experiences.
OUR VALUES & WAYS OF WORKING @ the Director Level:
We are committed to creating our best work:
- Build consensus while inspiring a ‘think outside the box’ mentality
- Give clear direction for team and cross-functional collaboration
- Motivate and empower team members to work together interactively
- In shaping working teams, ensure we are all balancing respect for tradition and G&A’s legacy with an imperative to innovate and continuously raise the bar on the quality of our work
We create a culture of curiosity and learning:
- Foster an environment in which team members feel safe taking risks
- Encourage others to ‘think outside the box’ by stepping outside the box yourself
- Be the team coach for new ideas; help team members turn ideas into action
- Celebrate short-term wins as progress toward achieving long-term goals
Always be proactive:
- Be clear about internal and external expectations
- Conduct team meetings at the right time (when you must collaborate)
We are true ambassadors:
- Ensure positive impact with clients; set the team up for success
We are locally and globally conscious:
- Say no to plastic and use less paper around the office
- Bring a new perspective to our clients – think sustainability where it counts
Inclusion brings us together:
- Ensure team’s work is aligned to client and company mission, vision and priorities; refine as necessary
- Create team innovation time to come up with new ideas and projects
Trust and respect is a must:
- Provide an inclusive environment in which others can talk and act without fear or repercussion
- Lead with transparency
- Constructively influence others
We have open lines of communication:
- Expose team members to opportunities for interacting with others, especially leadership
- Maintain an “open door” for your team’s questions, concerns, escalations, etc.
Adaptability is key:
- Be a great leader, absorb frustration, don’t propel it
- Stay abreast of company and industry trends
- Anticipate change and manage resistance; communicate the rationale for the change, explain the ‘why’ and the ‘what’
- Demonstrate and facilitate innovative change
Work-Life blend for success:
- Hold regular team conversations and celebrations
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]