Marketing/BD Proposal Manager
We are seeking an engaging BD-savvy manager for a new position with G&A. Your mission will be to flex your creative muscles by combining writing and visual design to win world-class projects.
- Do you have strong creative writing, editing, and curatorial abilities that unite with great visual design to create a powerful message?
- Are you interested in working for a best-in-class interdisciplinary design firm serving a sophisticated, international client base?
- Do you thrive in an environment that values initiative and innovation?
- Do you achieve results through collaboration and well-planned execution, demonstrating great project and team management skills?
In design, less is more. In business development, we are selective. In a typical month, we might develop 2 to 4 custom proposals with bespoke content. Over the course of a year, we might craft only a few significant, all-hands-on-deck proposals, with a team of creatives focused on full-tilt customization.
As our BD Proposal Manager, you will help us realize our firm’s vision and aspirations by
- participating in our new client strategy and planning;
- managing proposal schedules and content management;
- crafting responses to RFIs and RFPs that clearly address client needs and also articulate design challenges and innovation opportunities — coordinating with graphic design specialists to develop the final output;
- ensuring that all proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, and other materials support G&A’s brand and value proposition, producing best-in-class competitive materials;
- tracking the investment for each pursuit, as well as success in the overall effort;
- serving as an advocate for team members and investing in the growth and development of the entire team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a communications-based environment. (Please note that this is not a sales-focused position.)
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, communications, and client management within the creative/design services realm.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities within a multi-tasking collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in leading and participating on teams to achieve a high-level of performance.
- Superior knowledge of pursuit-marketing tactics and proposal management trends.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Apple Keynote, Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Prefer experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce or Deltek CRM.
About Gallagher & Associates
Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people — momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios, G&A employs more than 100 full-time people in Washington DC, New York City, Portland OR, and Singapore. G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
For more information about Gallagher & Associates, our leadership and culture, and the impact of our design work, please visit our website.
How to Apply
Gallagher & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must have legal authorization to work within the United States.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to